Terms & Conditions
AGREEMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
Throughout this document “Bean images – Photography by Jill” is referred to as the Registered Business Name: Bean images
Session, Fees and Charges
- A non-refundable Session Fee is due in order to secure the session date and time. Bean images has the right to give the session date and time to another client if the Session Fee has not been received one week prior to the session.
- The Regular Session Fee includes up to 6 people in the session. Additional people will be an extra $25 per person unless specifically negotiated. Mini sessions have special pricing for up to four people, with additional slots required for 6 or more people. Please refer to your specific Session Fee or Gift Voucher to see what is included (prints or print credit). Digital images and wall hangings can be purchased from the a la carte Price List.
- The client acknowledges that they have received, read and understood the Prices Page on the Bean images website, including minimum spend if applicable. Or the client acknowledges that they have received, read and understood a quote outlining the prices and inclusions for a specific project (such as a Business Photoshoot). Acknowledgement of this is confirmed via payment of the Session Fee and/or signing this document.
- In the event that the client needs to reschedule the date, Bean images requires 48 hours notice. Mini session fees are transferable to another person but not refundable or transferable to another date. The Session Fee for a Portrait or Business Photoshoot is transferable to another date within the following 12 month period. In the event of changes to the Bean images Price List, prints and product pricing and availability for rescheduled sessions will apply as at the newly booked date.
- Bean images may reschedule the session if weather conditions will hinder the photoshoot (such as heavy rain). All attempts will be made to avoid this, however sometimes it is in the client’s best interest to postpone to another date with better conditions.
- Bean images will schedule an in-home ordering session or will provide an online gallery of proofs within 2 weeks of the session date unless otherwise notified. Orders are to be placed at the ordering session or online within 7 days. The gallery automatically deactivates on the 7th day.
- If circumstances arise that the client is unable to place their order during the initial 7 days, the gallery can be reactivated for one additional 7-day time-frame. Any further reactivations will charged a Reactivation Fee of $50 per 7 day time-frame, payable prior to reactivating the gallery.
- Additional Editing and Photoshop Work: Images shown in the client gallery include basic retouching (removal of blemishes, skin smoothing, reduction of dark lines under eyes). Further custom or client directed retouching is an additional $20 per image.
- Due to gallery limits and cost of storage, where an order has not been received and paid for within 30 days of first gallery expiry date, the images will be deleted.
- All orders must be confirmed in writing and accompanied by full payment before any order will be placed.
- Payment plans are available with administrative fees being applied.
Use of Images and Copyright
- The client agrees that Bean images owns the Copyright in all photographs. The client gives permission to Bean images to use any image of the session for industry competitions and as required subsequent usage and for reasonable general promotional advertising for Bean images. The usage for any other purpose (such as use on social media sites) can be negotiated and noted on the Model Release form.
- As Bean images owns the Copyright, when purchasing printed products, the client agrees not to copy, cause to be copied or allow anyone else to copy, photocopy, laser copy or computer scan any images. If clients purchase digital negatives, clients are granted authorisation to obtain unlimited reprints for personal use only. The digital negatives provided on USB/DVD may not be sold, edited, altered (other than resizing for print) or used for any commercial purpose under any circumstances, without written permission. The client will use the photographs and negatives as agreed above and understand that by not doing so is a breach of this agreement.
- Watermarked low resolution images may be provided on social media sites and Bean images blog for the clients to share with friends and family. The client is welcome to tag themselves and share these images; however altering the image in any way, including cropping out the Bean images watermark is a direct breach of Copyright.
- Where the photographs are purchased under a Business Photoshoot Quote or Arrangements with bean images, these photographs may be used for all promotional material (print or online) as required by the client or client’s business, without being in breach of the Bean images Copyright.
- All purchased images will remain on file for 2 years. Due to file storage limitations and costs, un-purchased images will be deleted on 31 December each year at the discretion of Bean images. Ordering further prints and products is available until that date each year.
Acknowledgement of these Terms and Conditions is required by one week prior to the photoshoot.